torstai 24. marraskuuta 2011


Quick update from my trip to Switzerland and Austria

Our crib in Claro, Switzerland.
I arrived here two weeks ago and met up with Daniel Woods, Courtney Sanders, Sean McColl and Paul Robinson. I was really excited about climbing with all these amazing climbers! Everyone climbed hard boulders but especially Sean took it down by crushing New Base Line, The Dagger and Big Paw in a quick manner. And almost a week ago he left Swizzy and went on to Kranj for the lead worldcup. I honestly wasn’t even surprised when I read from the news that he had won the comp. He looked so strong and confident whilst climbing with us that he would for sure do well in Kranj. Congrats Sean!

Yesterday was the first time I went bouldering to Silvretta, Austria. We drove up and it was soooo cold out there. My toes were frozen after just half an hour of being outside. First we headed to Niviuk 8A for some warming up. I did a few pull ups from some jugs and thought that I won’t get any warmer than this. I got lucky and climbed it on my flash go. I couldn’t feel my fingers after the couple first moves, but decided to still go for it! Next in line was a really cool 7C+ called British Airways which both me and Paul flashed. After that we started working on the main attraction, Anam Cara 8B+. We both did the moves pretty fast and started trying it from the beginning. I managed to do it quickly. It only took me four tries and I believe it was the sixth ascent.

Anam Cara 8B+, Still from Paul Robinson

Guntram Jörg also joined us a couple of days ago. He has been climbing really well during the last couple of months and it was really cool to see him in action. He sent Big Paw today and it looked effortless! An hour or so after Gu’s ascent, Daniel did it as well. It was impressive to watch them both on it. It get’s me all hopped up and excited to try hard stuff too!


Making the fire at the crib.

We will all be heading to Fontainebleau in the beginning of december. I’ll try to post something on my blog if something comes up.

Here’s a small list of the things I’ve done during the past two weeks:

Voigas 8A+
No Mystery 8A
Schule des Lebens 8A+
Arete with a Pocket 8A
Dreamtime stand 8A+
No name 8A
Rosswell 8A+
Amber 8B
Teamwork 8A
Niviuk 8A, Flash
British Airways 7C+, Flash
Anam Cara 8B+                          



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti